How would you like the recipe for my fudgiest ever brownies with no flour and no butter? You would? Well you are in luck…
Can you spot the fleck of green above? These brownies are rich, fudgey, dense and delicious. I cut mine into 16 but you could probably cut 20 and your eaters would be satisfied! I bring you fudgey avocado brownies…
- 225g plain/dark chocolate
- 2 well mashed avocados
- 4 medium eggs
- 225g caster sugar, I used Sainsbury’s Cinnamon Sugar to add another depth of flavour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 60g ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180'c and line a 8"x 8" baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate using your preferred method then set aside to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer (handheld or free-standing) whisk together the eggs and sugar on high, they should become lighter and the volume should increase.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate, once combined add in the ground almonds, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla extract.
- Add the mashed avocados and mix really well until you can see no flecks of green.
- Pour into your prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out with a tiny chocolate smudge on it, you want them fudgey not dry.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into 9 generous squares.
I tested it out at Putney Bake Club at our Halloween meeting (hence the witches) and no one realised it had avocado in it.
I’ve been having great response for these on twitter, you can see Cathy’s disappeared very quickly at her office:
If you make them do let me know!