A recipe for 6 Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes NB: this looks like not enough mixture in the bowl but looks much better in the cones.
- 6 cornets
- 65g butter
- 65g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 65g self raising flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- 3 flakes broken in halves
- Preheat the oven to 180'c
- Mix the butter and caster sugar together until smooth, then add the egg, then vanilla, then flour and milk alternately.
- Place the cones in the oven on a tray and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Top with buttercream swirled and half a flake
I’ve seen them made in normal cones, in crazy foil mountains so they stand up in the oven, but cornets save a lot of foil, mess and worry!
This recipe came out marvellously – they looked just like ice cream (the boys were convinced it was, until they bit into it!) I didn’t bother with flakes but sprinkles worked just as well. The mixture rose well in the cones. I put the mixture into the cones using an ice cream scoop and it worked a treat.
I tried one a day later and they were still flavoursome, moist and lovely. I would make these again for any children’s or adult’s party,
- Chocolate – adding cocoa
- Pistachio – with ground pistachios and green colouring
- Rum and raisin
- Strawberry – with pink food colouring.