Today I made oat and dried fruit cookies.
These came up for a simple cookie craving, despite my love of chocolate I much prefer cookies that contain dried fruit and oats. Maybe it’s because I can pretend they are virtuous! Who cares, sometimes we all need cookies in our lives.
These little beauties are simple and quick to make up. They are really versatile, use whatever dried fruit you have laying around, just make sure it’s chopped evenly. You could even sub some of the fruit for chopped nuts, or chocolate!
- 225g softened butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 can condensed milk 297g
- 200g oats (it will look like a lot)
- 150g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 150g chopped dried fruit (Any)
- Preheat the oven to 180'c or 160 for a fan oven. Cream together the butter and sugar, add the condensed milk.
- Mix in the oats, cinnamon and flour. Then stir in the fruit by hand.
- Break off golf ball sized pieces and place on a baking tray with 3-4cms in between.
- I put half my mix in clingfilm and put it in the freezer for next time a cookie craving comes, the other half I baked for 15 minutes