Been eating your lotus biscuit spread out of the jar? Me too, I’m on my second jar. I had been meaning to bake with it but it kept ending up in my tummy too soon.
Finally I gave in and baked it into some delicious speculoos flapjacks for my lovely colleagues, it was also a good excuse to be near the jar with a spoon.
- 125g butter
- 60g condensed milk
- 125g Lotus Biscuit Spread or Speculoos
- 75g golden syrup
- zest of 1 lemon
- 200g porridge oats
- 50g dried apricots
- 50g sesame seeds
- Heat the butter, condensed milk, Lotus spread and golden syrup in a pan until all the butter has melted (if you have crunchy speculoos you will see the pieces).
- Add all the other ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour into a square tin or improvise like I did in the picture above.
- Bake in the oven at 180'c for about 20 minutes until it looks golden like the above.
- Wait until it has cooled and then remove from tin and cut into pieces, or go crazy like I did and pull a big crumbly chunk out straight from the oven and eat with a fork...
If you’ve bought some and aren’t sure what to do with it (eat it with a spoon) then I can recommended it (eaten with a spoon) on porridge, pancakes, a thick layer spread into the bottom of mince pies and on toast!
P.s. this post was surprisingly not sponsored I am just a little obsessed. If you are obsessed too check this out.