As I’ve mentioned before my boyfriend hates bananas so I make these pancakes for one on mornings when I don’t have to worry about getting puppy dog jealous eyes from him and have to make two batters up. I’ll be honest, at weekends I always give in. It’s easily doubled if you have someone (a non nana hater) joining you for breakfast or to save time for the next morning.
I’m going minimalist with this recipe because I ain’t got time for faffing on weekday mornings (too gangster for me?). In fact, I have so little time for faffing I made these the night before and microwaved them at work. There were a perfect pick me up after a crappy run.
NB: Sorry for the really crappy photos, I wasn’t planning on blogging these, but they went down such a storm on Instagram I couldn’t keep it from you any longer!
Makes four 9cm across pancakes.
You will need:
- A jug
- A fork
- A small nonstick frying pan
- An egg
- A banana
- approx 90ml milk of choice (I use rude health oat milk)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (or 1.5 tbsp any other flour)
- Coconut oil (approx 2 tsp)
- Toppings of choice
In your jug:
- Crack egg and beat
- Mash banana into egg
- Use milk to make up to 200ml
- Add flour and beat
- Leave to stand
(Check your thickness, you’ve all made pancakes before, right? Add a little more flour if necessary, coconut flour will thicken slightly as it stands)
Get your pan:
- Add a tiny dab of coconut oil for each pancake
- Pour in 2tbsp of pancake batter at a time
- Cook on each side
- Flip (they are delicate so use an implement)
Serve with toppings and enjoy!