I was in need of a smackerel after dinner the other day, but found a distinct lack of chocolate or other naughty substances in the house . . . until I found some corn kernels. A plan was formed.
It’s time for toffee popcorn….
- 35g popping corn
- 1tbsp oil
- 20g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 20g butter
- Get two pans ready, one large lidded and one small non stick.
- In your lidded pan, heat the oil, then add the popping corn stirring to ensure they are all covered with oil. Cover with the lid and listen for the pops!
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a pan and add the sugar and golden syrup heat for 2 minutes until smooth and bubbling.
- Once your popcorn is popped take off the heat and give the pan a shake to make sure it has all popped at the bottom before removing the lid.
- Pour your toffee mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat. Eat hot or cold depending on how long you can wait!